Are you interested in improving your smile with Invisalign but aren't sure if it's a good option for you? Your Stamford, CT, dentists, Dr. Irina Pogosian, and Dr. Thomas Ohlson of Comprehensive Dental Group can help you decide if you will benefit from Invisalign.
How Invisalign Works
The Invisalign system approaches orthodontic treatment in a new way. Instead of wires, clear, removable aligner trays exert constant pressure on your teeth, gradually realigning them. Each tray is worn for about two weeks, then replaced with the next set in the series.
Trays are created from a digital 3D image of your mouth made by combining digital images, impressions, and X-rays. The Invisalign team uses the 3D model to plot your treatment and create a series of trays that will help you achieve your unique treatment goals.
Who Can Benefit from Invisalign?
Invisalign can be a good choice if:
- You're a Teen or an Adult: Invisalign is an excellent option for both teenagers and adults in the Stamford area who are concerned about the appearance of their smiles.
- You prefer a subtle straightening method: Invisalign's transparent trays become practically invisible when placed over your teeth. Thanks to Invisalign, no one has to know that you're improving your smile.
- You have mild to moderate orthodontic problems: Invisalign is an effective treatment for many mild to moderate bite problems, including overbites, underbites, crossbites, and open bites. If your orthodontic issues are complicated, you may need metal braces instead.
- You don't have any oral health problems: You'll need to treat gum disease, cavities, and other oral health issues before you can start Invisalign treatment.
- You practice good oral hygiene: Good oral hygiene will keep your teeth and gums healthy during your treatment. Daily brushing and flossing and proper cleaning of your trays are basic requirements if you want to begin Invisalign treatment.
- You're willing to follow the recommended Invisalign wearing schedule: Invisalign trays should be worn 20 to 22 hours per day for best results. If you're a parent concerned that your teens won't follow the recommendations, special tabs can be added to the trays. The color of the tabs gradually fades with wear, making it easy to see if your son or daughter is wearing the trays.
Improve your smile discreetly with Invisalign! Call your dentists Dr. Pogosian and Dr. Ohlson of Comprehensive Dental Group in Stamford, CT, at (203) 359-3296 to schedule your appointment.